Iyengar's difficulty rating: 1* out of 60*
- Lie down prone (facedown). Stretch your arms back by your sides.
- On an exhale, lift your head, chest, legs, and arms away from the floor simultaneously. Attempt to lift your ribs so the weight of your body is on your abdomen.
- Engage your glutes and lift your legs higher, stretching your thighs. Contract your quadriceps and keep your legs completely straight. Touch your inner thighs, knees, and ankles together.
- Contract your upper back muscles by continuing to stretch your arms up and back.
- Remain in this position for as long as possible with normal breathing.
- Iyengar's cervical spine (neck) is extended (he is looking up). I am keeping the back of my neck long by gazing down and moving my chin back towards my throat.